New Mobile app feature released in response to COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Intouch with Health has accelerated the release of a new feature of the Intouch Mobile application. This new feature is one of a number of accelerated projects, including our latest solution, Virtual Clinics.
This new feature supports NHS Trusts and hospitals to keep patients away from busy waiting rooms by enabling patients to remotely check-in for their appointment.
Despite the desire to stay at home, it can be unavoidable, and some patients must continue to attend hospital. While attending hospital, it is vital patients continue to practice social distancing in order to reduce the risk of transmitting the Coronavirus, helping to protect staff and other patients.
The Intouch Mobile app now enables patients to check-in remotely once they are in close proximity to the hospital, without the need for a kiosk and without needing to be connected to the hospital’s Wi-Fi. Patients can now check-in using their 3G /4G network and wait in their car or outside the hospital, before being called for their appointment, again via their smart device.
As a result, patients do not need to physically enter the hospital to check-in or be called for their appointment. Patients can avoid the waiting areas for as long as possible and patient numbers in Outpatients can be kept to a minimum.
Once the hospital has launched the Intouch Mobile app, patients can download the app on their smartphones / tablets from the App Store or Google Play in order to take advantage of this feature.
The Intouch Mobile app follows the same familiar check-in process as at the kiosks and allows patients to be called via the app when the Trust’s clinical team are ready to see them.
For further information on the Mobile app and remote patient check-in, please contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Key benefits of Intouch Mobile Appointment Manager
- Allows patients to check-in remotely and wait in their car or outside the main hospital before being called to their appointment.
- Ability to check-in and view appointment details in own time.
- Reduces number of people within hospital waiting areas.
- Offers more confidential approach to hospital check-ins.
- Patients can be informed of the running times and status of their appointment directly to their phone.
- Patients can be called for their appointment through the app.
- Patient can be contacted directly and confidentially when attending their appointment via their phone.