Synopsis iQ is the complete digital perioperative assessment platform, from initial questionnaire through to post-operative outcomes. Providing clarity, efficiency and value. Reducing cancellation rates and risk. Increasing patient throughput and theatre utilisation.
What is Synopsis iQ?
Synopsis iQ is a web-based pre-operative assessment system hosted by your NHS Trust, enabling better patient outcomes and reduced costs by:
- Replacing current paper-based pre-operative assessment with a complete digital platform
- Providing the tools and workflow to assess all patients digitally, efficiently and accurately
- Automating time-consuming tasks
- Including decision support with an ASA, POSPOM or similar score
- Reduce risk of surgery cancellations - including on-the-day cancellations
- Improving theatre utilisation
- Reducing post-surgery re-admissions
- Being available from any networked Trust device
- Integrating with existing IT systems
The Synopsis questionnaire can also be completed by patients from the comfort of their homes with Synopsis Home, further reducing demand on Outpatients.
The proven benefits:
Synopsis iQ completely digitises the perioperative assessment journey, offering huge value, clarity and efficiency for the care team and patients.
Synopsis iQ generates the benefits that are quite simply out of reach unless digital is used, including;
- Reduced cancellation rates - including on-the-day cancellations
- Improved theatre utilisation
- Support waiting list management
- Increased patient throughput
- Patients triaged faster
- Reduced unnecessary pre-operative testing
- Risks and issues flagged quicker
- Supports waiting list management
- Locate patients for available surgery slots
- Improve outcomes post-surgery
- Increase staff utilisation
- Improve morbidity rates
- Quick set up / up-take
- Paper elimination (including printing costs)
- Improve patient experience to surgery
- Reduced risk from litigation
- Governance is made easier and legal obligations are fulfilled
Packed with features:
- Patient screening to capture clear and accurate information, with options for patient self-completion (web / kiosk)
- Triage points to streamline patients based on evidence, allowing the service to begin planning right away
- Clinical assessment for high-risk patients, including in-depth clinical and anaesthetic investigations
- Risk assessment highlighting risks associated with procedure, tailored for the individual patient. Venous thromboembolism (VTE), MUST nutrition score, infection control, falls risk, ASA score, P-POSSUM and many more are included
- Planning covering setup, monitoring and protocols; evidence-based preparation for the procedure
- Follow-up questionnaire recording post-operative outcomes and patient satisfaction with the service
- Visible audit trail supporting pre-assessment decisions
How do I use Synopsis iQ?
Working with Synopsis IQ is easy: it looks and acts like a modern website. You’ll see your workflow clearly, and your patient in fantastic detail. If colleagues have added notes, or information is available from other systems, Synopsis iQ will show you. Labs results, alerts, allergies, medications, notes, comments and much more.
Register for further information from the team about Synopsis iQ, including the results from Trusts currently enjoying the benefits of Synopsis iQ