Synopsis iQ nominated for a Smarter Working Live 2020 award
Intouch with Health is delighted to announce its digital pre-op solution, Synopsis iQ, has been nominated for an award at the Smarter Working Live 2020 Awards. The Smarter Working Awards are one of the most anticipated awards to honour government innovation, especially innovation leading to paperless processes.
Synopsis has been recognised in the Best Use of a Solution category. The award nomination is in conjunction with Aintree University Hospital following the deployment of Synopsis iQ at the Trust in December 2018.
In response to the outbreak of COVID-19, this year’s awards will take place virtually on the 26th November 2020.
Digital pre-op processes at Aintree University Hospital
Synopsis iQ has been nominated for the Best Use of a Solution following a project to transform the traditional, resource intensive system at Aintree University Hospital.
Aintree University Hospital is part of Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Newly merged, the Trust comprises of Aintree and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals. Aintree University Hospital provides general acute health care to 330,000 residents in North Merseyside and surrounding areas.
Aintree University Hospital performs around 21,000 pre-operative assessments a year. Aintree adopts a pathway recognised as LEAN, applying best practice and accepting walk in as well as booked patients. Since being deployed, Synopsis iQ has removed a reliance on paper; reduced costs and introduced a level of consistency and risk management not previously possible.
Digitising pre-operative assessments to improve the flow of patients to theatre
After Aintree University Hospital deployed Synopsis iQ in December 2018:
- The trust achieved full return on its investment 10 days after launch
- There were zero cancellations of on-the-day surgery due to pre-assessment issues in the first 4 months after Synopsis iQ was launched
- A total in-year saving of £2.7 million was achieved with a £4 million saving expected in Phase 2
- There was a 94% reduction in paper and printing, reducing the trust’s overall carbon footprint by 17.4 tonnes
- 93% of Aintree patients gave positive feedback on Synopsis
- The trust achieved a clinical time saving of 27 minutes per patient (40%) within 6 months
- Some nurse-led POAs were completed in 18 minutes, where this had previously taken 45 minutes
- Aintree University Hospital has demonstrated productivity savings of up to 47%, in effect doubling its available capacity for pre-operative assessments
Find out more
To find out more about how Synopsis iQ is transforming the digital pre-op process for hospitals across the NHS, click here.