VitalHub UK team challenge – supporting Prostate Cancer UK
The 4 UK companies within the VitalHub group are coming together to raise money and support Prostate Cancer UK. Throughout April 2021, team members from Intouch with Health, Transforming Systems, Synopsis and MCAP will each run, walk or cycle 50 miles to raise vital funds in aid of Prostate Cancer UK, who’s mission is to prevent prostate cancer deaths.
Sponsor the team
To donate, please visit our JustGiving page here.
Ahead of the month-long challenge, Lisa Riley, Vice President of Strategic Product and Partnership Development and Sales commented:
“We all have men in our lives whom we know and love and many of us have lost to cancer. When I first learned of this challenge, I felt passionate about promoting it within our team and encouraging as many as possible to participate in a group-wide effort to raise money to help beat prostate cancer. I am extremely proud of our collective teams for stepping up to take part, committing to 1000 miles between us, including a number of whom will find this challenge difficult, to reach our fundraising target of £1000. Our group ethos as a company has always been patient care, first and foremost, so this felt like the perfect fit for our team.”
“I am extremely proud of our collective teams for stepping up to take part, committing to 1000 miles between us, including a number of whom will find this challenge difficult.”
CEO of the VitalHub UK group, Mike Sanders said:
“We decided to support Prostate Cancer UK because Prostate cancer affects every community. The statistics are frightening - 1 in 8 men will be diagnosed in the UK and 1 man dies from prostate cancer every 45 minutes.
“Prostate Cancer UK has a simple ambition - to stop men dying from prostate cancer. Through shifting the science over the next 10 years to focus on radical improvements in diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and support, Prostate Cancer UK will stop prostate cancer being a killer – but this work needs funding.
“I’m delighted to see so many of the team across the group sign-up to support this charity and push themselves throughout April to complete 50 miles each.”
For more information about our team challenge, and for those who are able to donate to this cause please visit our JustGiving page here.
About Prostate Cancer UK
- Prostate Cancer UK has a simple ambition – to stop men dying from prostate cancer.
- As the number of men diagnosed with prostate cancer continues to rise (making it the most common of all cancers by 2030), now is the time to take control. Through shifting the science over the next 10 years to focus on radical improvements in diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and support, we will stop prostate cancer being a killer.
- Ignoring prostate cancer will not beat it, so join the fight.
Key Headline Statistics
- More than 11,000 men die from prostate cancer in the UK each year – that is one man every 45 minutes.
- It’s the most common cancer in men, with over 330,000 living with and after the disease in the UK.
- Prostate cancer is set to become the most commonly diagnosed cancer of all in the UK by 2030 - which is why we must all act now to curb its power to kill.
- Men over 50, black men and men with a family history of prostate cancer all face a higher-than-average risk of the disease.
- Prostate cancer treatment often causes devastating, long term side-effects. Incontinence and erectile dysfunction strike at the heart of what it means to be a man.
- Anyone with concerns about prostate cancer may contact Prostate Cancer UK's Specialist Nurses in confidence on 0800 074 8383 or online via the Live Chat instant messaging service: www.prostatecanceruk.org/. The Specialist Nurse phone service is free to landlines and open from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday with late opening until 8pm on Wednesdays.
- Visit prostatecanceruk.org now to help beat this disease.